Design #1
Design #2
*transparent foil paper glued to the black paper to create a stained glass effect*
Design #3
Comparison
I am the most happy with 1b and 3b samples. They are the most appealing to me, because of the combination of materials and colours. They both use ink and the PVA glue. In the 1b picture, the ink is only used for the details and the dotty pattern. On the 3b picture it's covers the entire top (yellow and blue, which have created a very nice transition). Since the PVA glue was placed before the ink, it have created visible blobs (which are more visible than the tracing paper blobs on the 3a sample). In 1b the PVA glue also pushed out the watercolour, which looks really nice in real life but is less successful on a scanned image.
I am the least happy with 1a and 2a samples. Both of them used a coloured tissue paper either for details or entire body. 1a drawing looks very abstract and crude. Whether the tissue for the body shape does work, it doesn't for the fur and the wings, or that may be because I torn it by hand and the tissue its very fragile. In the 2a the tissue presents itself much better, but the colours I used when painting with acrylics don't work whatso ever. At least in my opinion. The saturation and the combination don't match and the newspaper background makes it even more ugly.
I would enjoy the 2b picture more if I'd have more colours of the foil paper. Since the foil is used in only two places in the 3b sample, it looks better. For 3a sample's legs, arms and the mask I used a stick previously used with black ink dipped in red ink. That made the ink appear like a charcoal.





