Found Reference Imagery
+ some photos given on art lessons (not included)
Links:
Insect Drawings
These are line and tone exercises. Most of these were based on printed photos (except the uppermost sheet of sketches) that's why they don't appear in this blog post. The purpose was to explore the bug shapes and study all the different insect parts, such as different legs etc.
Tone exercises were made by use of a 3B pencil. The exercise was to determine the shape by use of shadows and highlights rather than the contours. I also had to show the patterns or perhaps the texture of the insect.
Line exercises were done by use of a fineliner. This task was to show the shape of an insect, but only by use of lines, no shadows. Presenting the patterns or little details was also quite crucial for this task. I personally found it more difficult than the tone one, simply because I am not used to place pernament lines straight away. This was the reason of disproportions of some bugs, especially the one on the second to top sheet.















